This page was last updated: September 19, 2021
Coaches Meetings: The normal in person cocahes meeting held late September has been cancelled for 2021. The meeting will likley be held via Zomm. Contact your convenor for details.
This is a mandatory meeting for all house league and select bench staff . You must attend one of these 2 meetings. Meetings will be held at The Toronto Cricket Club, 2nd floor lounge from 7 to 9pm each night. Please park across the street at Armour Heights Public School. Coaches’ Cards and VSS background check forms will be completed at this meeting. Please bring 3 pieces of ID (birth certificate, passport, drivers license - health card is not acceptable). If you are unable to attend this meeting, please contact John Mullin (see Contacts page) to arrange form completion.
YMHC House League Bench Staff Requirements: In order to act in the capacity of house league bench staff (coach and or assistant) YMHC requires that you must complete each of the following 5 requirements:
1. YMHC Bench Staff Code of Conduct: This is a YMHC house league requirement. You must read and acknowledge this code. For more information - please click here.
2. Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders: This is a YMHC house league requirement. This is a requirement for all Select and Rep bench staff.
3. Understanding Discrimination based on Gender Identity: This is a GTHL / OHF requirement.
4. Rowan's Law (Concussion awareness): This is a GTHL / OHF requirement. .
5. Police Check: This is a YMHC requirement. Details are provided at the annual fall YMHC coaches meeting as outlined above.
GTHL Certification Standards: The current GTHL certification requirements for all house league, select and rep managers, head coaches, assistants and trainers can be found at the GTHL site:
This link also contains information regarding the following programs:
Speak Out Harassment & Abuse Seminar
Respect in Sport (Speak Out Equivalent)
CBET – Coach Stream for House League Coaching
Hockey Trainer’s Certification / Recertification Program
Hockey Referee Certification Program
Practice Guidelines: To assist Coaches in the planning, preparation and execution of pregame practices please choose any of the following links:
Coach Nielsen: www.icehockeyplaysandsystems.com
GTHL Coaches Corner: www.gthlcanada.com/page/coaches-corner
Hockey Canada: www.hockeycanada.ca