The York Mills Hockey Club provides an opportunity for players to compete at a high level and develop the skills necessary to play competitive hockey. Our teams are chosen from players in our house league, and we take pride in the determination, skill and sportsmanship of our players. With dedicated volunteer coaches and team staff, we are able to provide a positive hockey experience that prepares players for future competition.
- Provides an opportunity to compete and develop skills
- Additional ice time provided for tryouts and weekly practices
- Provides exhibition games with NYHL teams and outside competition
- NYHL league games from mid-October through to the end of February
- Playoff round beginning March through the end of April
- Tournament opportunities throughout the year .Players who make a select team are required to play on their house league team on a regular basis. Failure to do so may jeopardize the player's position on the select team. Select players are required to pay additional fees over and above those charged by the house league to offset the costs of additional ice time, league fees, uniforms and tournaments. Ages are as of December 31, each year.
In order to try out for a select team you must 1st register with YMHC. If you did not play for YMHC in the immediate preceding season or are not currently registered with YMHC you may not take part in any YMHC related on ice activity including try-outs, games or practices. When you register with YMHC via the Hockey Canada registration process please respond YES to the Select participation question when completing the questions in the Hockey Canada online registry.
Try-outs will be scheduled prior to the commencement of house league play.
Select programs will provide budget information later.
Serving the York Mills neighbourhood and surrounding communities. York Mills, St. Andrew-Windfields, Windfields, Hoggs Hollow, Bayview Village, Armour Heights, Lansing-Westgate, Willowdale, North York, Toronto.